“A voice of one calling in the wilderness, prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.” Matthew 3:3 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” -Matthew 3:7
In my previous Blog, I wrote about my reasons why I believe the prophetic will increase in the days ahead. There is a very strong Prophetic Movement taking the world by storm. My friend, Prophet Cliff Bell, who was with our ministry just two weeks ago, told me there were more than 23 nations present at a prophetic conference in the Dominican Republic. This was unheard of 5 years ago.
The same is happening all over Central and South America and the rest of the world. We should ask ourselves why this emphasis in the prophetic now when this gift was restored in the eighties? Here are a few reasons:
- We are living in times when the truth is being masqueraded by falsehood.
- There are very few voices in the media contending for the truth.
- This present generation of believers needs to take their rightful place as mentors to a New Generation being raised right now.
- Many present leaders are more concern in how to keep their number of people attending their services than taking a stand for the truth of the Gospel.
- The season is changing and hearing ears need to hear what the Spirit is saying to the church.
When Jesus came into His ministry, He was baptized by John the Baptist, who had a very strong prophetic voice in his nation. However, he said I am only making an announcement to prepare a way for Him. I’m only a voice in the dessert. Today is the same. There are not that many voices in our midst announcing the changing of the season which is already being ushered in by those with prophetic voices. Notice, the prophetic pronunciation of John, was giving birth to the ministry of Jesus. As He was being baptized the heavens were open, and a voice was heard saying,
“This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” -Matthew 3:7
As we take our stand and declare to our nation that a New Generation of leaders is being raised in this day an hour, we will see the manifestation of a new group of believers who will embrace their true identity in Christ and will usher in a great new movement in the land that will contra rest the present trend of fake truth prevailing at all levels in our land.
Come back for part two next month.
Senior Leader of Paul and Silas Ministries.