I am of the opinion that many believers either ignore or don’t have a good understanding on the topic of spiritual warfare. ScrIpture says, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge…” -Hosea 4:6
In today’s world, we can’t afford to ignore the plain fact that we are under siege. We are having a battle on all fronts of our lives; our families, our belief system, our marriages, our faith is being challenged every day when it comes to our spiritual well-being. We need to be properly trained on how to use our spiritual skills. We need to know how to protect our minds and hearts to overcome all the schemes of the enemy. Paul said in Ephesians chapter 6 that it was going to be like having a hand to hand combat with the enemy.
What You Need to Know
- Read the New Testament and become very familiar with the trials, persecution and spiritual battle confronted by the men and women given a godly assignment.
- The enemy is not creative. He can only repeat what he has been doing for more than 3,000 years. Therefore if you go over his schemes in the past, you will know where he is coming from.
- He doesn’t know the future for he is not God. He can only go by what he sees happening in the spiritual Therefore he does a lot of guessing about how things will happen. He ignores the fact that Jesus said, “I will be with you daily till the end of times…” If He is with us, then who shall be against us? We are already WINNERS! The Lord will outsmart him every time!
- Study very closely the life of the apostle Paul. He is perhaps outside of our Lord the most anointed individual given personal insight about how we should conduct ourselves during times of “spiritual warfare.”
- Know this fact. He will hide behind something natural to cause spiritual havoc. Remember, first the natural then the spiritual. “However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.” -1 Corinthians 15:26
Let me give you an example. 2 weeks ago I had to be taken to the E.R. prior to a trip to the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico to carry out a spiritual assignment. I had been feeling sick, and my doctor did not know the cause. He prescribed a pill for the pain in my stomach. Unfortunately, I took one too soon and ended up in the Emergency Room. After the fact, I realized this had been the problem. He looks for points of entry. Watch your step when undergoing a spiritual warfare battle.
“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.” -Ephesians 6:10-11.