The average person normally would think of what to do different to succeed during an upcoming New Year.
Here is what I am considering doing to have a successful 2016. You may or may not agree with me. I’m sure you have your own set of ideas, so let me wish you well as you pursue them to have a better year. Here are mine:
- I intend to continue making Father God the most important person in my life.
- I intend to continue making the Bible the manual to consult for having a successful New Year.
- I intend to continue to pray before any important decision I am to make in 2016.
- I intend to continue to the best of my abilities to obey His Word in 2016.
- I intend to continue not to allow circumstances to dictate how I am to live 2016. I intend to continue to live by faith and not by what my senses dictate.
- I intend to continue to live the lifestyle of a giver regardless of the economy or the limitations of my financial budget in 2016.
- I intend to the best of my ability to continue to ask for forgiveness instead of practicing silence when forgiveness is due in 2016.
- I intend to continue to honor those who deserve to be honored in 2016.
- I intend to continue to relentlessly pursue my given assignment in life in 2016.
- I intend to continue to get up and continue to fight when life gives me a good blow and knocks me down in 2016. I refuse to give up the fight and stay down!
- I intend to continue to have fun in life, by pursuing good laughter and good humor in 2016.
- I intend to continue to remain teachable and open to change in 2016.
I have only listed 12 as this is the apostolic number. And I guess some of you may be saying, “Where are your new ideas Mr. Holier than Thou?” Well, I am far from being that, but surely can see why some may think that way. However, the wisest man that ever lived, King Solomon at the end of the writings of one of his books, put it this way.
“Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter (life itself): Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man’s all.” Ecclesiastes 12: 13
There is no other way to succeed in life but to have Him as our priority. It does not matter whether it is a New Millennium or a brand New Year. I am of the firm belief, that if we all follow Solomon’s advice, we would have a much better world than the one we have now. I respect your ideas for what believe may cause you to have the best year yet, I do hope and pray you may respect mine…Have the most successful year in 2016!!!
Happy and Glorious New Year,