“Therefore do not cast away your confidence that has great reward, for you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise.” —Heb. 10:35-36
All of us at one point or another have been confronted with the reality of trusting God for something. Personally, when I have found myself at this crossroads, I have found the tipping point is always “Confidence.” Confidence in the fact of whether or not God is going to come through for me in the particular situation I’m in. Life is full of moments like these. Let me show you the four fundamental areas in which confidence will be manifested and confront all of us in making the right choice.
- Your spirit. This is the real you. Who you really are
- Your mind. This is the battlefield of any issue you will confront in life
- Your will and emotions. The place where you will form your character to confront life
- Body. This is where your spirit live. It will be attacked many times during your life’s journey
We need to learn how to boost our confidence if we are to succeed when confronting the storms of life. The way we answer the following questions will define the kind of confidence we are to have.
- How well do you know Him?
- How well do you trust Him?
- Do you have a personal experience?
First question: Your success will depend on whether you have an understanding on the difference between ginosko and epiginosko. You either have developed a casual (ginosko) or an intimate (epiginosko) relation with Him. The closer your relationship is, the greater the confidence you’ll have. Confidence will always be in direct proportion to your relationship with Him.